Tuesday, November 18, 2014



So, last night I was scavenging my home for dinner fixins. Money is tight right now so I needed to see what I had on hand. I knew I had the Zatarain’s Yellow Rice but I was happy to find a box of Pacific Organic Cream of Mushroom condensed soup. I thought I would make a meal with these two ingredients. I decided to see if there was any chance there was some chicken in the freezer and was thrilled to find Sabatino’s Roasted Garlic and Basil Chicken Meatballs with Mozzarella Cheese.

With these three pre-made items I constructed a delicious dinner.

All I did was cook the rice and the meatballs per the package directions. I heated the mushroom soup over low heat (do not add any milk or water). When all the items were was finished cooking/heating up, I drizzled the soup over the meatballs and the rice. It was delicious. It would be a great meal to keep the ingredients on hand for those days when you can’t think of anything or just when you want to have stuff for a later time. Or in my case, when money is tight, the items are already there.

Happy cooking!

Where did I find these items?
Item
Where I found it
Zatarain’s Yellow Rice
Smith’s and WinCo
Pacific Organic Cream of Mushroom condensed soup
Smith’s and Lee’s
Sabatino’s Roasted Garlic and Basil Chicken Meatballs with Mozzarella Cheese
Costco




No comments:

Post a Comment