Monday, November 10, 2014



Last night I decided to adjust a recipe my mom used to make when I was younger. It was delicious and easy. So, I’m sharing with you as well.

Chinese Hamburger Casserole

1 lb. ground hamburger
2 cups Basmati rice
1 box of Imagine Cream of Mushroom Soup (GF)
Cream of Chicken Soup *** recipe below
3 stalks of celery chopped (boiled until softened)
1 teaspoon GF soy sauce (I use La Choy)

Make cream of chicken soup and prepare Basmati rice per the package. You can probably use a different kind of rice, that is just my personal favorite as it holds up well to baking later. Cook hamburger, drain, and rinse. Mix all ingredients together. Salt to taste. I used both sea salt and garlic salt. Put mixed ingredients in a 9X9 baking dish and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Cream of Chicken Soup (altered from previous recipes I’ve shared)
½ stick of butter
10clovesof garlic
½ cup GF Bob’s Red Mill flour
2 cups hot chicken broth/stock
1/3 cup almond milk

Melt the butter in a pot on your stove. Stir in the flour and cook for approximately 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Meanwhile, warm your chicken broth/stock. It should be really hot, but doesn’t need to be boiling.

After cooking your butter/flour mixture for 2 minutes, add in the hot broth/stock and whisk to make sure it is all combined. Do this quickly to get rid of any lumps. Now, let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes to thicken. Stir in the almond milk. Add salt and pepper to your personal preference. I used about a teaspoon of salt and 1-2 teaspoons of garlic salt. Season to your taste.  

~Rhiannon Michelle Stephens 11/10/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment